WFSE Member Card - Private Sector

When we work together, we are unstoppable. History has shown that when we stand together as a union, we can build a better future for our communities, our families, and our jobs.

Union membership matters.
• Fair Pay
• Affordable Health Care
• Retirement Security
• Preserving Public Services

This is an official Payroll Deduction Authorization form for union dues. Payments to the union are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.

Learn more about union membership at

This Notice is provided in accordance with the decisions of the United States Supreme Court in NLRB v. General Motors Corporation and Communication Workers of America v. Beck , as well as other cases decided under the National Labor Relations Act. The purpose of this notice is to advise all persons employed within a bargaining unit represented by Council 28 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees and its affiliate Locals, and under a collective bargaining agreement requiring the payment of dues or fees as a condition of employment, of:
1. Their right to join the union or to become a representation fee payer;
2. Their right as a representation fee payer to object to the payment of that portion of membership dues that is related to nonrepresentational expenses of the Union; and
3. The procedures that must be followed to file an objection and receive detailed financial information regarding that portion of dues determined by the Union to be related to representational and nonrepresentational expenses.

Under federal law you have the right to join the Union as a full-fledged member or to become a representation fee payer of the bargaining unit.
Representation fee payers are not members of the union and therefore are not afforded the many benefits associated with union membership. For example, representation fee payers may not attend union meetings; participate in the ratification of collective bargaining agreements; elect union officers or be eligible for other benefits available only to members and their families such as discount programs with various vendors and educational scholarships. However, representation fee payers do receive the benefits of the union’s representation as it relates to the terms and conditions of their employment. As such, the law provides that representation fee payers must pay a fee in an amount at least equal to the union’s representational services to fulfill their obligations under a union security provision of a collective bargaining agreement. Such services include the union’s activities related to collective bargaining, contract administration and grievance-arbitration. Individuals who elect not to join the union and to become a representation fee payer have the right to object to paying for union activities not germane to the union’s duties as the bargaining representative and to pay only the pro-rata portion (.97% to a monthly maximum of $64.21) of membership dues associated with representational expenses. Objections must be in writing and include the objector’s name, address, job title, work location and the period for which an objection is being filed. Written objections must be postmarked or emailed no later than 30 days after receipt of this notice and addressed to the following: WFSE 1212 Jefferson St SE, Olympia, WA 98501 or by E-mail to [email protected]. Individuals who elect to become a representation fee payer may do so by checking the non-member box on the WFSE/Council 28 Payroll Deduction Authorization (PDA) card and returning the card to the WFSE. Upon receipt of a timely objection, or PDA card with the non-member box checked, representation fee payers will be provided with additional information related to the calculation of the fee.


Member Information
First Name*
Middle Initial
Last Name*
Date of Birth
Other language used at home
Contact Information
Zip Code
Mailing Address
Mailing Zip Code
Mailing City
Mailing State
Cell Phone
Home Email*
Home Phone
Work Phone
Work Email*
Job Information
Job Class/Title
Work City*
Work County
Employee ID #*
Date Hired into Position
Select your Work Shift
YES! I want to be a union member. I support advocating for quality services and good jobs. I understand that as a WFSE member I will help make our union stronger to protect public services and work together to improve pay, benefits and working conditions for all public employees. Effective immediately, I hereby voluntarily authorize and direct my Employer to deduct from my pay each pay period, an amount equivalent to dues as set in accordance with the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) Constitution and By-Laws and authorize my Employer to remit such amount semi-monthly to the Union (currently 1.5% of my salary per pay period not to exceed the maximum). This voluntary authorization and assignment shall be irrevocable for a period of one year from the date of execution or until the termination date of the collective bargaining agreement (if there is one) between the Employer and the Union, whichever occurs sooner, and for year to year thereafter unless I give the Employer and the Union written notice of revocation prior to the end of any yearly period, regardless of whether I am or remain a member of the Union, unless I am no longer in active pay status in a WFSE bargaining unit; provided however, if the applicable collective-bargaining agreement specifies a longer or different revocation period, then only that period shall apply. This card supersedes any prior check-off authorization card I signed. I recognize that my authorization of dues deductions, and the continuation of such authorization from one year to the next, is voluntary and not a condition of my employment.